- Microsoft has re-branded its Office 365 as Microsoft 365 Family and Personal office.
- It is available now in India and some other parts of the globe.
- The price in India is Rs 420 per month.
The tech major Microsoft has come up with a renewed version of Office 365 personal and family subscription.This package has been rolled out regionally and aimed at 38 million Office users. It will be available to the subscribers globally in the next few months.A maximum number of six people can use the family plan.
Features of new Microsoft 365
As per the Corporate Vice President, Windows and Devices Group, Yusuf Mehdi, the new Microsoft 365 is empowered with Artificial intelligence and cloud storage facilities. Here are the key features of Microsoft 365.
- Cloud Storage: The new Microsoft 365 comes up with Cloud storage of up to 1 TB per person. This feature will be available to all the subscribers of the family plan as well.
- Artificial intelligence-enabled Microsoft Editor: The new Microsoft Editor empowered with artificial intelligence is available in more than 20 languages.It is accessible in Word, Outlook, and as a standalone web browser extension for Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.It will help users with grammar, style, and rewrite suggestions to ensure greater clarity.
- Smart Templates and faster data in Excel: The new Microsoft 365 users enable a quicker way to interact with data. The users will have access to over 100 new types of data powered by Wolfram Alpha.
- Refreshing PowerPoint: PowerPoint users will have access to more tools to unleash their creativity skills. With more than 8000 beautiful images, 300 new fonts, over 2800 new icons, the PowerPoint will empower the subscribers to create impressive slides.
Apart from the features mentioned above, the new Microsoft 365 brings 60 minutes of Skype calling to mobile and landline phones, improved security features to safeguard the users against malware and phishing, etc.
The Microsoft 365 Personal will cost you ₹420 a month, but if you subscribe for a yearly plan, it will cost you ₹4,199 a year. The family version for up to six people costs ₹530 monthly and ₹5,299 annually if you subscribe for a yearly plan.