Tumblr is an American microblogging and social networking website. It was found in 2007 by David Karp and currently owned by Automattic. It is a site where you can express yourself, and your interests can connect you with like-minded people. On this website, you can create and post your original content. It can be written entries, video clips, photographs, or links to other websites as well. Like other social networking sites, you can share all of these things with your friends and followers.
More than 30 million people visit Tumblr in a month, most of them having their active blog. Almost 25 thousand new people visit Tumblr a day. We can say Tumblr has 76.1 million people altogether. Today, there is a huge number of adult content across the internet. Most of the website restricted this type of content by having a “Safe Mode”. This is the same for Tumblr. As thousands of new people daily visiting Tumblr, these people can be below 18. So, by keeping teenagers in mind, Tumblr has developed “Safe Mode” already turned on by default. This keeps teenagers away from any kind of saucy content. So, if you are not yet 18, you can stick to only those animal pictures you love. If you are an adult, you can turn off this “Safe Mode”.
Here you can learn how you can turn off the Safe Mode. Either you have a Tumblr account or not, you can do this. By turning off the Safe Mode, you can have access to restricted content. By following the below steps, you can turn off “Safe Mode”.
If you are an android user, you have to follow these steps:
- Just like you would install any other app, install Tumblr.
- Now, click on the humanoid symbol at the right corner of the bottom.
- At the upper-right corner of the screen, tap on the Gear icon to get the Accounts menu.
- Choose General Settings in the Accounts menu.
- Scroll down; tap ‘Filtering’.
- Now, Safe Mode will be visible to you. If you want to check whether it is on or off, tap the blue button beside it.
Steps for iPhone or IPad users:
Now this one is quite different from the android users. You will need to go iOS setting instead of doing it from the app.
- Open iOS settings and select Tumblr.
- Now, tap the Safe Mode in the Tumblr Settings.
- If you don’t want to hide any type of content, just tap on ‘Don’t Hide Anything’.
By doing this, you can easily access adult content after the reinstallation of Tumblr.
Following are the steps for desktop users:
If you want to use Tumblr with your desktop browser first, you have to log in to your Tumblr account. You have to follow below steps to turn off Safe Mode on the computer:
- Click on an icon with the human figure at the upper right corner of the desktop.
- Now, from the menu, select Settings.
- Find ‘Filtering’; it has a Safe Search button, just Click on it to turn off Safe Mode.
Now, remember this time, you will automatically lose access to adult content. You have to log in to regain access.
This is for those who don’t have Tumblr Account:
If you want to access a specific Tumblr blog that is appealing to you, you can do that without having a Tumblr Account. Even if content-type is blocked, you can easily access it. You don’t need to turn off Safe Mode to access adult content. There are some sites those who will allow you to access Tumblr directly.
Different users have different variety of tastes. So, by developing Safe Mode on or off, Tumblr has done enough suit for its users. Liking adult content is not just for every user. By surfing any website seeing adult content can be derogatory for some of its users, especially in public places. In that case, some restrictions can be understandable. Having access to Safe Mode turn off or on become convenient to users. Tumblr safeguards the interest of the public at large by developing ‘Safe Mode On’ by default. Now, according to your taste, you can enjoy and have fun on Tumblr.